How do I move apps from C drive to E drive?
Moving Windows Store apps to another drive
- Open Settings.
- Click on System.
- Click on Apps & features.
- Select the app you want.
- Click the Move button.
- Select the destination drive from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Move button to relocate the app.
How do I switch from C to D storage?
Right-click Computer > Manage > Storage > Disk Management then right-click the C drive and choose Shrink volume. Then repeat the process by Extending the D drive. The shrink partition utility can only decrease the partition size down to the first unmovable/locked system file.
Why is my C drive suddenly full?
Why is C: drive full? Viruses and malware may keep generating files to fill your system drive. You may have saved large files to C: drive that you are not aware of. Pages files, previous Windows installation, temporary files, and other system files may have taken up the space of your system partition.
What will happen if C drive is full?
In case the C drive memory space is full, then you have to move the unused data to a different drive and uninstall the installed applications which are not used frequently. You can also perform Disk Cleanup to reduce the number of unnecessary files on the drives, which can help the computer run faster.
What to do if drive C is full?
#1. Run Disk Cleanup
- Press Windows + R to bring up Windows File Explorer.
- Click “This PC”, right-click on C: drive and select “Properties”.
- In Disk Cleanup, select the files you want to delete and click “OK”. If Windows installation files (Windows. old folder) show up, check and delete them.
How do I stop my C drive filling up?
6 Ways to Fix C Drive Keeps Filling Up for No Reason
- Run Disk Cleanup. Open “Start”, search for Disk Cleanup and select the top result to open it….Full steps.
- Disable Hibernation.
- Delete System Restore Points.
- Transfer Large Files/Apps.
- Extend C Drive Space.
- Migrate OS to a Bigger SSD/HDD.