What are the advantages of implementing an asynchronous counter with the 74LS93 integrated circuit versus using discrete SSI flip-flops and gates?
1. What are the advantage of implementing an asynchronous counter with the 74LS93 integrated circuit versus using discrete flip-flops and gates? This is much easier to wire up and modify.
What are the disadvantages to using the 74LS93 integrated circuit?
The disadvantage of using the 74LS93 integrated circuit is that it must start from zero. 3. The circuit shown below is functionally equivalent to the counter simulated in step (2) of the procedure.
What are three advantages of implementing a synchronous counter with the 74LS193 IC over the 74LS93 from Lesson 3.2 3 )?
What are the advantages of implementing a synchronous counter with 74LS193 IC over the 74LS163 IC? The biggest advantage of the 74LS193 is that it has the ability to count both up and down unlike the 74LS163 that can only count up. The 74LS193 is obviously the best choice cause its flexibility.
What are the advantages of asynchronous counters?
- Asynchronous counters can be easily designed by T flip flop or D flip flop.
- These are also called as Ripple counters, and are used in low speed circuits.
- They are used as Divide by- n counters, which divide the input by n, where n is an integer.
- Asynchronous counters are also used as Truncated counters.
What changes must be made to a 3 bit counter to make it a 4 bit counter?
To make a Synchronous 3 Bit counter turn into a 4 Bit you have to add another flip flop in you would wire the 3rd flip flop on to the 4th just as you wired the 2nd to the 3rd.
What are the advantages of implementing a synchronous counter with an MSI circuit versus using discrete flip flops and gates What is the primary difference between a 74ls163n counter and a 74ls193n counter?
What are the advantages of implementing a synchronous counter with the 74LS163 integrated circuit versus using discrete flip-flops and gates? Using the MSI 74LS163 is preferable over flip-flops and gates because it uses less gates and wires thus maximizing efficiency.
What is the main disadvantage of asynchronous counter?
Disadvantages of Asynchronous Counters: An extra “re-synchronizing” output flip-flop may be required. To count a truncated sequence not equal to 2n, extra feedback logic is required. Counting a large number of bits, propagation delay by successive stages may become undesirably large.