What is the function of Auto Mechanic?
An Auto Mechanic, or Service Technician, fixes vehicles and replaces their parts for customers. Their duties include inspecting the vehicle’s mechanical components and its engine, diagnosing problems with vehicles and performing maintenance and repair work on cars, trucks and other vehicles.
What are four common duties of a mechanic?
Mechanic Duties & Responsibilities 1
- Preventive maintenance trucks.
- Do oil and lighting change.
- Do brake maintenance.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance and repairs vehicles.
- Troubleshoot, and repair all fleet equipment.
- Provide repair and maintenance to diesel and gasoline engines.
What are 5 responsibilities of a mechanic?
Auto Mechanic duties and responsibilities
- Inspect vehicle engine.
- Inspect mechanical and electrical components.
- Diagnose issues timely and accurately.
- Inspect vehicle computer and electronic systems.
- Conduct regular maintenance work such as replacing fluids, lubricating parts.
- Schedule future maintenance sessions.
What are the daily duties of a mechanic?
Auto Mechanic responsibilities include:
- Inspecting vehicle engine and mechanical/electrical components to diagnose issues accurately.
- Inspecting vehicle computer and electronic systems to repair, maintain and upgrade.
- Conducting routine maintenance work aiming to vehicle functionality and longevity.
What are some extra responsibilities of a mechanic?
- Build and assemble machines or mechanical components according to requirements.
- Inspect machines, engines, transmissions etc.
- Conduct repairs aiming for maximum reliability.
- Troubleshoot reported problems and resolve them in a timely manner.
- Perform thorough maintenance on machinery, equipment and systems.
What are the duties of an auto mechanic?
Auto mechanics spend a good deal of their workdays underneath cars or hovered over an engine. However, brake repair and engine rebuilds are not the only assignments tasked to auto mechanics. There is also the facet of dealing with customers. Some customers can be extremely picky when it comes to their vehicles.
What kind of environment does a car mechanic work in?
Work Environment Mechanics work in a variety of automotive service settings including car dealers, tire stores, oil change operations, gas stations, and full-service repair shops. Some mechanics operate their own business and take on management functions such as setting prices, advertising, training, and supervising staff.
Why are auto mechanics more than just technicians?
Auto mechanics are becoming more than just skilled technicians, as they are now turning into customer associates as well. This makes for a multi-dimensional skillset in which auto mechanics enhance their overall value in the auto repair industry.
How to read a mechanic’s work order for a car?
Signing that repair order doesn’t have to hurt so much. Here’s how to read between the lines. Your car won’t start. Again. Luckily, you have a manual-shift transmission and manage to bump-start it in the driveway. First stop? The repair shop. The service writer takes your information, and the mechanic takes your car.