Where is Sherwood in the city of Nottingham?
Sherwood (/ˈʃɜːr.wʊd/) is a large district and ward of the city of Nottingham, in the English ceremonial county of Nottinghamshire. It is situated approximately 1.5 miles (2.4 km) north of Nottingham city centre. The population of the ward taken at the 2011 census was 15,414.
Who are the members of Parliament for Sherwood?
Politics. The ward of Sherwood (which includes some adjacent neighbourhoods) is represented by Nottingham City Council and has three Labour Party councillors. It lies in the Nottingham East parliamentary constituency, which from 1992 until 2010 was represented by MP John Heppell, and from 2010 by Chris Leslie,…
When did Sherwood Police Station open in Nottingham?
In October 2007, Sherwood Police Station opened at 621 Mansfield Road, allowing for a more visible local police presence. As a result, crime fell by 13% from 2008 to 2009. The station was one of twelve sites closed three years later as part of a cost-saving drive. Only a police contact centre next to the library remains.
Where are the two primary schools in Sherwood?
Within the area of Sherwood, there are two primary schools: Seely Primary and Nursery School on Perry Road, and Haydn Primary School on Haydn Road. Haydn Road is also the location of Nottingham Free School, which is in Berridge Ward in the neighbourhood of New Basford . Nottingham Prison and Young Offenders’ Institute is located on Perry Road.
What does Sherwood Street Centre do for the homeless?
Our Sherwood Street Centre provides 15 units of supported housing for homeless people in Mansfield. The service, which accommodates some of the most vulnerable people in our society, is staffed 24 hours a day and is designed to help residents along a journey to independent living in the community.
What was the name of the road in Sherwood?
(Image: Picture Nottingham/Nottingham Historical Film Unit)3 of 59 1974 Mansfield Road, Sherwood taken from the junction with Winchester Road looking towards the direction of Arnold. Wilkinson Hardware is on the left (Now rebranded as Wilko) (Image: PICTURE NOTTINGHAM)4 of 59
When did the Sherwood Branch library open in Sherwood?
The Sherwood Branch Library opened in 1957 and Winchester Street Flats can be seen in 1965. Fine Fare supermarket was on Mansfield Road in 1966. 1951 Mansfield Road, Sherwood.
Where was the bus depot in Sherwood in 1920?
1920 Mansfield Road, Sherwood. Sherwood Depot is on the left, with Marshall Street going off centre right. Notice the trolley buses in the distance. (Image: Picture Nottingham/Nottingham Historical Film Unit)3 of 59 1974 Mansfield Road, Sherwood taken from the junction with Winchester Road looking towards the direction of Arnold.