What was invented 2000 years ago?
|Date||Invention or discovery|
|2000 BCE||Water-raising and irrigation devices like the shaduf (shadoof), invented by the Ancient Egyptians, introduce the idea of lifting things using counterweights.|
|c1700 BCE||Semites of the Mediterranean develop the alphabet.|
What inventions were made in 2001?
Best Inventions of 2001
- Your Health. Abiocor Artificial Heart. Nuvaring Birth Control.
- On the Go. Millenium Bridge. EZ-Rocket.
- Household. Infrared Smoke Alarm. Self-Cleaning Windows.
- Back to Basics. Mashed Potato Machine. Windup Cell Phone.
- Robots. Mini Autonomous Robots. Office Coworker Robot.
- Clothing. Heat-Generating Jacket.
Are you a 2000s kid if you were born in 2005?
If you born in 2005, you’re not really a 2000s kid but you’re still a 2000s kid. True 2000s kid cutoff birth is 2001.
What big things happened in the 2000s?
10 Major News Stories of the 2000s
- September 11 Terrorist Attacks. Spencer Platt / Getty Images.
- Iraq War. Chris Hondros / Getty Images.
- Boxing Day Tsunami. The aftermath 1 week after the catastrophic Indian Ocean tsunami.
- Global Recession.
- Papal Transition.
- Hurricane Katrina.
- The War on Terror.
What was the first thing invented in the 2000s?
From the USB flash drive to the Toyota Prius — check out these 10 things you didn’t realize were invented in the 2000s. In 2000, camera phones officially became commercially available. While a number of big electronics companies began rolling out their own versions, Sharp’s J-SH04 was the first to the market.
What was the first invention in the 21st century?
Here are some of the inventions that have shaken the technology world (so far) in the 21st century: The first E-readers were first launched by Sony in 2004, and were considerd forerunners to the tablets we have today.
What did they invent in the Aughts?
Suffice to say, the aughts was a decade that helped shape the world we live in today. From the USB flash drive to the Toyota Prius — check out these 10 things you didn’t realize were invented in the 2000s. In 2000, camera phones officially became commercially available.
Are there any inventions in the last 15 years?
In fact, if you were to add up the advancements of the last 15 years, it is possible to say that all prior years combined did not produce the level of technology, or the ease to consumers in the last decade and a half. It will be exciting to see what the technology in the beginning of the 21st century evolves into.