How do I restore my iBook G4 to factory settings?
Restart your computer:
- hold down the apple key and the “S” key.
- Type the command “/sbin/fsck -y” then enter.
- Type the command “/sbin/mount -uaw” then enter.
- Type the command “rm /var/db/. applesetupdone” then enter.
- Enter reboot and Enjoy!!
How do I reset my Apple laptop to factory settings without a disk?
How to Reset a MacBook Pro to Factory Settings Without a Disc
- Set the MacBook Pro to restart.
- Select “Disk Utility” from the next screen and click “Continue.” Choose your hard drive in the list and click “Erase.”
- Click the “Mac OS Extended (Journaled)” option in the new dialog.
How do you reset a Mac G4?
Answer: A: Insert the install disk and hold down the C key while booting up. You should be booting into the CD. Once past the first screen, go to Utilities in the upper menu bar, choose to erase the disk using Disk Utility and, when done, let it reinstall the OS.
How do I wipe my iMac and start over?
Erase and reinstall macOS
- Start up your computer in macOS Recovery:
- In the Recovery app window, select Disk Utility, then click Continue.
- In Disk Utility, select the volume you want to erase in the sidebar, then click Erase in the toolbar.
How do I restore my old iMac to factory settings?
Shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold these four keys together: Option, Command, P and R. Release the keys after about 20 seconds. This will clear user settings from the memory and restore certain security features that may have been altered previously.
How do I reset my Apple laptop to factory settings?
How to Factory Reset: MacBook
- Restart your computer: hold the power button > select Restart when it appears.
- While the computer restarts, hold down the ‘Command’ and ‘R’ keys.
- Once you see the Apple logo appear, release the ‘Command and R keys’
- When you see a Recovery Mode menu, select Disk Utility.
How do I restore my Macbook Pro tower to factory settings?
How to Factory Reset a Mac Using Recovery Mode
- Restart your Mac.
- Then press and hold the Command + R keys until you see the Apple logo appear.
- Next, select Disk Utility.
- Then select Continue.
- In the Disk Utility window, click View.
- Then select Show All Devices.
- Select the drive you want to erase.
- Then click Erase.
How do I reset my password on my iMac G4?
Power on or restart your Mac. At the chime (or grey screen if your chime is turned off), hold down Command+S on your keyboard to enter single-user mode. Type sh /etc/rc and press Enter/Return. Type passwd username and replace “username” with the short name of the user account for which you’d like to reset the password.
How to restore factory settings on iBook G4?
Reboot 2. Hold apple key + s key down after you hear the chime. (command + s on newer Macs) 3. When you get text prompt enter in these terminal commands to create a brand new admin account (hitting return after each line): mount -uw / rm /var/db/.AppleSetupDone shutdown -h now 4. After rebooting you should have a brand new admin account.
Do you want to reset your old PowerBook G4 to?
Hi I want to reset my old PowerBook G4 to… – Apple Community Global Nav Open MenuGlobal Nav Close Menu Apple Shopping Bag Search Support Cancel Apple Mac iPad iPhone Watch TV Music Support Shopping Bag Cancel CommunitiesGet Support Sign in Sign in Sign in corporate BrowseSearch Communities Sign in Ask a Question Browse
How to get rid of password on iBook G4?
Give them a call with your serial number and ask. This being to costly, try ebay. When you boot from the CD, you can go to the second screen pull down menu to Utilities > Change password, and just get rid of the old password. Was this answer helpful? The gift giver should help you with the password.
What do you do when your iBook goes black?
Power on your iBook and press the “Command” and “S” keys at the same time as the computer boots. Cease holding the two buttons when you see a black computer screen appear with white text. Type “-uw/” and press “Enter.”