How do I stop Windows Media Player from automatically playing cds?
Turn off AutoPlay completely
- Open AutoPlay by clicking the Start button. , clicking Control Panel, clicking Hardware and Sound, and then clicking AutoPlay.
- Clear the Use AutoPlay for all media and devices check box, and then click Save.
How do I turn off AutoPlay on CD?
Under Computer Configuration, expand Administrative Templates, expand Windows Components, and then click Autoplay Policies. In the Details pane, double-click Turn off Autoplay. Click Enabled, and then select All drives in the Turn off Autoplay box to disable Autorun on all drives.
How do I get AutoPlay on my computer?
Setting AutoPlay options
- Open the Settings app. Press the Win + I keyboard shortcut.
- Click the Devices button.
- From the left side of the window, choose AutoPlay. You see the three categories for removable devices on the right side of the window. AutoPlay settings in Windows 10.
Should I disable autorun?
It’s important to disable both AutoPlay and AutoRun, as they have different functions: AutoPlay pops up a dialog window prompting a user to do something with inserted media, whereas AutoRun simply looks for an INF file and starts executing it to install software. Both are risky.
How Do I Stop AutoPlay on USB?
How to disable autoplay to prevent USB infection
- Press Win+R,type gpedit.msc and click OK.
- Select Administrative Templates \ System in the tree view.
- Double click the “Turn off Autoplay” item, see that its set as not configured, select enabled, and change the “Turn off Autoplay on” to All Drives.
How do I stop Windows Media Player from automatically playing in Windows 10?
How to disable AutoPlay and AutoRun in Windows 10
- Press the Windows key or click the Windows icon in the lower-left corner of your desktop.
- Type in autoplay and click on the AutoPlay Settings option.
- From this screen, toggle AutoPlay For All Media And Devices to Off.
How do I turn on AutoPlay on my computer?
- Open the Start menu. Click Settings > Devices.
- Click AutoPlay in the lower-left side of the display. Then slide the Use AutoPlay for all media and devices toggle on or off.
- Under Choose AutoPlay Defaults, set the default action for AutoPlay when connecting each type of media or device.
Why is my CD not playing automatically?
There are some common causes to check for in case the disc doesn’t play. It could be as simple as dust or dirt on the disc, or a mistake made in the burning process. Insert the CD back into your computer and locate the CD drive image. It will appear on the desktop in Mac OS X, and in “My Computer” in Windows (or just “Computer,” for Windows 7).
Why is my CD player not working on my computer?
A CD-ROM or other disc drive that is not working can be caused by a loose interface connection, drivers not loading properly, virus, or the drive or CD attempting to be read being dirty. The most common cause of a CD-ROM drive to stop working is bad or corrupt drivers or a confliction between another running program.
How do you start a CD player on a computer?
Move the mouse over the “My Computer” command. Single-click the command to bring up the “My Computer” window, which will list the drives installed on the computer. Double-click on the “D” drive to start the CD drive. The computer will read the CD and automatically start playing music or running programs.
How do you play audio CD on PC?
Playing a CD in Windows Press the Eject button on your disc drive. Place the disc in the tray label-side up. Close the tray by pushing it or pressing Eject again. Click Select to choose what happens with audio CDs. Click Play audio CD. Start Windows Media Player if AutoPlay doesn’t appear. Double-click your audio CD in the left menu.