How do I wipe my hard drive clean and reinstall Windows Vista?
Select the Settings option. On the left side of the screen, select Remove everything and reinstall Windows. On the “Reset your PC” screen, click Next. On the “Do you want to fully clean your drive” screen, select Just remove my files to do a quick deletion or select Fully clean the drive to have all files erased.
How do I erase everything on my computer Windows Vista without CD?
To use this option, do the following:
- Reboot the PC.
- Hit F8 on the loading screen to pull up the “Advanced Boot Options” menu.
- Select “Repair Your Computer” and hit Enter.
- If required, enter the administrator password and language setting.
- Select “Dell Factory Image Restore” and hit Next.
How do I wipe my hard drive Windows Vista Home Premium?
2Choose Start→Control Panel→System and Maintenance→Administrative Tools. 3Double-click the Computer Management link. Click the Disk Management link on the left. 4Right-click the drive or partition that you want to reformat, and then choose Format from the shortcut menu that appears.
How do you wipe a computer clean to sell it Windows Vista?
How do I delete all files on Windows Vista?
- Choose Start→Computer.
- Click the Disk Cleanup button.
- Click Files from All Users on this Computer.
- Click the More Options tab.
- At the bottom, under System Restore and Shadow Copies, click the button marked Clean Up.
- Click Delete.
- Click Delete Files.
How do I clean up my hard drive Windows Vista?
To run Disk Cleanup in Windows 7 and Windows Vista, follow these steps:
- From the Start button menu, choose All Programs→Accessories→System Tools→Disk Cleanup.
- In Windows Vista, choose the option My Files Only.
- If prompted, choose the mass storage device that you want to clean up.
How do I permanently delete deleted files from my hard drive?
Whenever you want to securely erase your data, follow these steps.
- Navigate to the files or folders that you want to securely erase.
- Right-click on the files and/or folders and an Eraser menu will appear.
- Highlight and click Erase in the Eraser menu.
- Click Start > Run… , type cmd and press OK or Enter (Return).
Is there a way to permanently wipe a hard drive in Windows Vista?
Mode 2: wipe hard drive on Windows Vista. This mode can help you wipe an entire hard drive on Windows Vista. It will permanently wipe all data on the selected hard drive. Mode 3: wipe free disk space on Windows Vista.
How to install Windows Vista directly from hard drive?
Install Windows as usual (but don’t format your drive this time in the installer – otherwise it will erase the Windows Vista setup files too!). Delete the ‘Sources’ folder and “Windows.old” (if it exists) from your hard drive root (this will free up 2-3gb).
How to completely restore Windows Vista Home Premium?
Go into your Bios/Setup, or Boot Menu, at startup, and change the Boot Order to make the DVD/CD drive 1st in the Boot Order, then reboot with the disk in the Drive. At startup/power on you should see at the bottom of the screen either F2 or DELETE, to go into Bios/Setup, or F12 for the Boot Menu MS advice on doing clean install.
How can I uninstall Windows Vista on my computer?
Go to your desktop, right click on My Computer and select Manage. The Computer Management tool will open. From the left side menu select Disk Management. You will see a list with all your partitions. Select the partition where you have installed Windows Vista, right click on it and choose Format….