How do I fix no sound on Windows XP?
Steps to Fix Sound Problems
- If you have an onboard audio card, you need to make sure the onboard audio device is enabled in the Bios.
- In Windows XP, open the Device Manager (open the Control Panel -> double-click the System icon -> in System Properties dialog box, select Hardware tab -> click Device Manager button).
How do I get sound on Windows XP?
Windows XP – How to set up speakers and microphone
- Click on Control Panel in the Start menu.
- The Control Panel window will appear.
- Select Sounds and Audio Devices.
- The Sounds and Audio Devices Properties window will appear.
- Select the Audio tab in the Sounds and Audio Devices Properties window.
How do I change my computer audio output to HDMI?
Follow steps below to set the HDMI device as Default Device:
- Right-click on the sound volume icon in the lower right corner of Windows. A context menu will pop up.
- Click Playback devices.
- In the Playback tab, select Digital Output Device or HDMI option. Click Set Default and click OK.
Why does my Windows computer have no Sound?
First, check to make sure Windows is using the correct device for speaker output by clicking on the speaker icon in the taskbar. If using external speakers, make sure they are powered on. Reboot your computer. Verify via the speaker icon in the taskbar that the audio is not muted and is turned up.
Which is the speaker jack on my Dell?
The GREEN (or Light Green) jack is the Speaker jack, same as it was on the 5150. It should work the same. (I have an E510 which is identical to the 5150). Windows 10 64 bit Pro SSD drives.
Where are the speakers located on a computer?
If your computer came with on-board audio and you want to use 5.1 speakers, the sound connections on the back of the computer change to speaker out connections. Use the microphone connection (orange) for the center channel out and use the line-in connector (black) for the rear speakers.
How to connect speakers on a Compaq desktop?
Loading… HP and Compaq Desktop PCs – Connecting Speakers or Headphones (Windows XP) Before you begin Step 1: Position and connect the speakers Step 2: Configure the sound software Step 3: Configure Windows XP Reference: Sound connector examples This document applies to HP and Compaq Desktop computers with Windows XP.
Where do I find the speaker settings in Windows 10?
On the Audio tab, select a device from the Sound Playback list. Click the Advanced button. Click the Speakers tab. At this point, you should see the label Speaker Setup next to a list of the speaker configurations that you can select from.