When did Remington Arms and Union Metallic Cartridge Company merge?
He began to combine the two companies under the name Remington Arms-Union Metallic Cartridge Company, with the trademark ‘Remington UMC’. Catalogs and advertising slowly started to show both companies together. 1912 saw the formal public merger of both companies and advertising was released to inform the public of the merger.
What are the names of the Remington Arms Company?
Since 1856, it has been known by four different names: between 1856 and 1888, E. Remington & Sons; 1888-1910, Remington Arms Company; 1910-1925, Remington Arms U.M.C. Company (Union Metallic Cartridge Company); and 1925 to present, Remington Arms Company. Get New and Used REMINGTON ARMS COMPANY, INC. Firearms at GUNS.COM
Where was the Union Metallic Cartridge Company located?
They moved these businesses to Bridgeport, Connecticut and in 1866 the Union Metallic Cartridge Company (UMC) was born. At first, UMC made rimfire cartridges and shotguns before dropping their gun manufacturing to concentrate solely on ammunition.
Where was the Remington UMC ammunition plant located?
Remington-UMC built ammunition plants in Windsor, Canada and Hoboken, New Jersey and Brimsdown, England in 1913. These plants were sent empty shells and cartridges from the main Remington-UMC plant at Bridgeport, loaded on-site and sold locally.
Who are the founders of Union Metallic Cartridge Company?
In writing this history the following book was of enormous value, it was written by Remington Arms Co. in 1912 following the merger of Remington and UMC. In 1854 Jacob Schuyler, Marcellus Hartley and Malcolm Graham began a partnership importing sporting goods from Europe and selling them in the U.S.A.
What kind of ammo is in the Union metallic box?
50 rounds 38 rimfire long cartridges in the rare round corner box from The Union Metallic Cartridge Co. Bridgeport, Conn. Box in about very good condition full but not sealed box. Ships UPS Ground. Click for more info