What are the indications for Paxil?
PAXIL is indicated in adults for the treatment of:
- Major depressive disorder (MDD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder (PD)
- Social anxiety disorder (SAD)
- Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD)
- Posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
What is Paxil used for?
It is approved for the treatment of major depressive disorder (MDD), generalized anxiety disorder (GAD), social anxiety disorder (social phobia), panic disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD), and for vasomotor symptoms (hot flashes …
What happens when you take Paxil?
Common side effects of Paxil are nervousness, sleep difficulties (either too much or too little), restlessness, fatigue, dry mouth, nausea, headache, sweating, diarrhea, and sexual problems. 4 Typically, these side effects will go away within a couple of weeks of taking the medication.
What symptoms does paroxetine treat?
1. About paroxetine. Paroxetine is a type of antidepressant known as an SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor). It’s often used to treat depression and also sometimes for obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), panic attacks, anxiety or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
What medications should not be taken with Paxil?
Do not use paroxetine with buspirone (Buspar®), fentanyl (Abstral®, Duragesic®), lithium (Eskalith®, Lithobid®), tryptophan, St. John’s wort, amphetamines, or some pain or migraine medicines (eg, rizatriptan, sumatriptan, tramadol, Frova®, Imitrex®, Maxalt®, Relpax®, Ultram®, Zomig®).
Is shakiness a side effect of Paxil?
Tell your doctor right away if you have any serious side effects, including: shaking (tremor), restlessness, inability to keep still, decreased interest in sex, changes in sexual ability, numbness/tingling, easy bruising/bleeding, fast/irregular heartbeat, muscle weakness/spasm, seizures.
Is Paxil a bad drug?
The evidence is clear – Paxil is a dangerous drug and if you’ve taken or are currently taking Paxil, see your doctor to check if you’ve suffered adverse side effects. You also need to consult an attorney immediately.
What should I expect when I start taking Paxil?
– More likely to decrease your sexual appetite and delay or prevent ejaculation than other antidepressants. – Like most antidepressants, Paxil (paroxetine) has a high risk of suicidal thoughts and behavior when used in children and adolescents. – May not be appropriate for you if you are elderly or suffer from dementia.
Is Paxil safe to take?
Avoid alcohol and drugs while taking Paxil as they may decrease the benefits. Your doctor will probably start you on a low dose to begin with and increase it if needed. Paxil is safe and effective when taken as directed. There are no known risks from long-term use.
How long should I expect side effects of Paxil to last?
However, for me, the effects tend to last from a few days to a week or so. Then they fade away and I’m on my way to recovery. Talk to your doctor and ask for meds to offset some of the side effects until they pass. In about 4-6 weeks you’ll start feeling much better as the Paxil takes effect.