What are keyboard parts?
PARTS OF THE COMPUTER KEYBOARD AND THEIR USES
- Letter keys: The letter keys (A-Z) work like the typewriter.
- Spacebar key: The spacebar key adds a blank space between characters.
- Number keys: The number keys (0-9) work like those on a typewriter.
- Symbol keys/notation keys: the symbol keys have two symbols on them.
What are the 3 main functions of a keyboard?
Despite the way it may appear, your keyboard only has a few functions built into it. These functions are the Print Screen, Scroll Lock, Pause, and Break commands, all of which are more frequently used for programming and design than for normal computer needs.
What are the three 3 odd keys of a keyboard?
But for the truly inquisitive, let’s explore the three most mysterious keys on the keyboard: PrtScn, Scroll Lock, and Pause/Break. A long time ago, this key actually did what it says—it sent the current screen of text to your printer.
What are the parts of keyboard and its functions?
Computer Keyboard Parts and Functions
- General Typing Area. The general typing area is dominated by the 46 alpha-numeric keys.
- CTRL, ALT and Function Keys. Computer keyboards have specific function keys.
- Navigation and Editing Keys.
- Legacy Keys.
- Numeric Keypad.
- Hardware and Multimedia Keys.
What are the 10 parts of the keyboard?
Using your keyboard
- Typing (alphanumeric) keys. These keys include the same letter, number, punctuation, and symbol keys found on a traditional typewriter.
- Control keys. These keys are used alone or in combination with other keys to perform certain actions.
- Function keys.
- Navigation keys.
- Numeric keypad.
What are the 7 parts of a keyboard?
What are the parts and functions of a computer keyboard?
and the numeric
What are the basic functions of a keyboard?
A keyboard’s primary function is to act as an input device. Using a keyboard, a person can type a document, use keystroke shortcuts, access menus, play games and perform a variety of other tasks.
What are the components of a keyboard?
The major components of a typical modern electronic keyboard are: Musical keyboard: The white and black piano-style keys which the player presses, thus connecting the switches, which trigger the electronic circuits to generate sound. Most keyboards use a keyboard matrix circuit to reduce the amount of wiring necessary.
What are the two types of keyboards?
The two types of keyboards are the Basic and Extended keyboards. The Basickeyboard contains 104 keys and (Windows PC).