What do I do if I forgot my master lock combination?
1) Visit a Master Lock distributor/retailer
- Bring the lock to a Master Lock distributor or retailer and confirm that they offer the lost combination service.
- Ask the distributor or retailer to contact Master Lock for the combination on your behalf and we will validate ownership through them.
How do you open a 4 digit combination?
How to Open a Four Number Combination Lock
- Find your combination.
- Go to the first number.
- Set the second dial on the lock to the second number in the combination.
- Use the third wheel to find the third number in the combination.
- Locate the fourth number in the combination on the bottom wheel on the lock and center it.
Where can I get a lost combination form?
If your lock has a serial number, you can submit a lost combination form through our website. Important: the lock must not be attached to anything. Please see examples of a serial number if you are unsure if your lock features one.
What should I do if I Lost my Safe Combination?
As a last resort, your safe can be opened by a professional when the combination has been lost. With the model and serial number, the locksmith (aka safe cracker) should be able to get the drill points of the safe and this makes getting into the safe more affordable than if this information were not available.
What happens if you lose a combination lock?
Combination Locks are capable of securing items within any home or place. But in case you lose or forget the combination to the lock to open it, situation becomes very tense and can be very frustrating at times as no combinations means no access to your possessions.
How can I find the lost combinations on my Master Lock?
Print out the Lost Combination Form. Have your Lost Combination Form notarized by a Notary Public to prove you are the owner of the lock. You can include up to 6 combinations on one notarized form.